8789 Lebanon Rd Frisco
Please register using this link: http://external.friscochamber.com/events/Veteran-Council-Holiday-Social-530-PM-6005/details?fbclid=IwAR05MAdYycGpbeXAI9jWm2xuv6kxaYziOck7RuDwfVQ4IBNq_0HQBWK3mlA
Serving Those Who Served Us First!
Join us for our Holiday Social – a fun night of gathering and gaming fun presented by
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
StrikZ Entertainment Center, 8789 Lebanon Rd
Light Snacks will be provided by our Sponsor
Discounts on games, bowling, and menu items
The Core Tenents of the Council are:
- Advocate for the veterans in the community
- Refer to appropriate and necessary house and education services
- Educate the Frisco community and business on veterans in the workforce
- Support the veterans that live and work in the Frisco area
The mission of the Frisco Chamber of Commerce Foundation Veterans Council is to empower veterans and their families by providing resources and support.
Objectives & Goals
The Veterans Councils consists of businesses within the Frisco Chamber of Commerce working together to serve the veteran community in Frisco and the surrounding communities through the core tenants of the council.
We seek to identify information sharing opportunities that may improve:
- The local community’s understanding of what the veteran brings by virtue of his or her service.
- Opportunities within the community for veterans who live and work in Frisco or the surrounding areas.
- Interaction and communication between all of the Veteran Service Organizations (VSOs) that provide unique services.
- Collaboration with other chambers of commerce, leveraging their successes in working with the community in support of veterans.
Other goals include the plans to:
- Build a referral network and database of all VSOs and Patriot business services that can benefit the veteran.
- Coordinate with VSOs and other organizations’ job fairs for veterans and their families.
- Refer educational offerings for veterans and their guests.
- Actively participate in the actions and activities with the Frisco Veterans Advisory Council, the Veterans Action Coalition, and other Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Leverage social media platforms to promote the Veterans Council, the area VSOs, and activities in support of the veterans in the Frisco area.
4th Friday Formation Meeting Times
General membership meeting – 4th Friday of every month from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
Both Frisco Chamber of Commerce members and non-members are invited to attend at no cost.
Steering Committee Chairs
Chairperson: Jim Steinmark, Crimson Technology Partners
Vice Chairperson: Mark Wariner, KVGI Radio
Ways and Means: James Trombley, Edward Jones
Membership and Partners: JD Lawless, American Legion
Hiring Initiative: Thor Anderson, Anderson Agency
Events: Kathy Erickson, The Short Game Place
Social Media/Marketing: Josh Futrell, COMHOME Technology Solutions
For questions, please contact Frisco Chamber of Commerce Staff Liaison, Kathy Erickson at (972) 335-9522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Looking for jobs for Veterans near Frisco, TX? You can enter your MOS Code here.